Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What is Will up to?


No major milestones are going on at the Fessler household, but some blog worthy events have happened in the past week.

Will has settled back into somewhat of a nighttime routine. He is going to sleep in his crib somewhere around 9:30. He sleeps for a little while before waking up. Once he is comforted, he goes back to sleep. He usually wakes up around 1:30am, and Mike brings him in to our bed so he can eat. He then sleeps the rest of the night with us. He seems to be sleeping ok this way for now. I have noticed that he is not eating as much in the middle of the night. I guess he is getting bigger and doesn't need all the milk.
Will and his 3D Super Bowl glasses. He didn't care much for the game or the commercials. Just the cool glasses.

Sunday Will went into the nursery at church for the first time. What a big boy! He didn't even seem to notice that we handed him over to a complete stranger. He must have been excited at the swings and jumpers that he saw in the room. It must have been heaven to him! When we went back to get him, he was in one of the worker's laps. She was rocking him and another little girl. He looked so content! They told me he did great. That was a relief(Mike and I frantically watched the screen during the service to see if Will's number would be posted telling us to come get him).

Will has been rolling over for awhile now, but he has taken this skill to a new level. Now, he just rolls over and over until he bumps into something that stops him from rolling. You can literally put him on one side of a room and look up a few moments later and find him on the other side of the room. Needless to say, we have to keep a close eye on our little man. But don't worry, we have started to baby-proof the house.
Yes, I'm sitting in a laundry basket. My mother put me here.

Yesterday, I gave Will a sippy cup with a little juice, but mostly water. I just wanted to see what he could do with it. He brought it up to his mouth but had a hard time holding it there. Once Mike or I would hold it for him, he did his best to get some juice out. Evidently, sucking on a sippy cup is different from a bottle. He seems to like a challenge though, so we will see how long it takes him to figure this out.
Giving my sippy a try!

No comments: