Little Luke is over a week old now. I can not imagine life without him! He is the sweetest baby! He loves to be held, but he also is content to be put down for a little while. He eats every 2-3 hours and sleeps after every feeding. He has been sleeping well during the night which has made for a well rested mommy. We took him to the doctor last week and he got a clean bill of health. He had gained a few ounces, putting him right at 8 pounds (he left the hospital at 7.14 lbs).
Will is doing great with "Guke", especially since we have had family here to help us. My parents stayed last week and my Gran is here this week. Will has had someone to take him to swing, play with his cars or doing anything else that he wants to do. This has also given me the chance to love on Luke and bond with just him. But, I have seen Will act out some, regardless of the fact that he has had someone at his beck and call. I know that he still needs me, and honestly I miss hanging out with him. I think that is going to be my biggest challenge once I am here with the boys by myself. How do I play with Will and keep him occupied and juggle Luke and his needs?
While I have been busy with Luke and adjusting, my friends have rushed to serve us. We are so grateful to each and every one of them. From delicious food to my dear friend, and neighbor, who took Will for a couple of hours for him to play with her kids. I can never thank everyone enough. All I can do is serve them in the near future. Thank you all! Mike and I love you!
2 comments:
Whit,
Trust me it does get easier. I didn't think there was any way I was going to be able to handle both of them when my mom left. We still struggle with jealousy and how to make sure both of them are getting enough attention. Sometimes, CAsey has to take one of them, so they both get alone time with mommy or daddy. It's a learning process, but worth every minute!!! I think it will be great when they get older and they will be so close. Hang in there. I know it's tough.
Love him (and you!) So glad I got to come see the newest member of the family yesterday and to see you doing so well. I hope your first day home with the boys went well. Love you!
Post a Comment