Monday, August 8, 2011

The boys camp out


The boys got Lightning McQueen sleeping bags for their birthdays. The funny thing is, I think Mike was more excited than they were! He has been saying for awhile that he wants to start doing camp out nights with the boys as they started getting older. It would be a good way to hang out with them and do something to make them feel special. Think male bonding.

So, the other night, Mike mentioned it to Will, who was thrilled. After the boys bath we got all the sleeping bags set up and turned on a good movie(Cars). The idea was to sleep in the sleeping bags all night and to wake up together, a true camp out.(Luke slept in his crib, he is not quite ready for camp outs) I was ok with this arrangement, because it meant I would get to sleep by myself. All was good, until about 5:30 am when I felt a little body climb in the bed with me. Yeah, Will bailed on the camp out or maybe he was the smart one! While daddy slept on the hard floor, Will decided to sleep in a bed!

No comments: