Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Update on the Boys

My two little boys are growing more and more everyday. They are changing so much and I am noticing that if I don't write it down, I won't remember it! So here is what is going on with my Will and Luke.


I will start with Will. The biggest thing going for him is that he has learned to ride his bike. He started a couple of weeks ago after he saw a little boy down the street riding his bike. That's all it took, and it seemed like the next day he was an expert at riding his bike. Now he looks forward to taking walks because it means that he can ride beside me instead of riding in the stroller.



Will is still my little helper and is always looking for ways to help Mike and I. He loves to go on errands with just Mike or I. I think it is because it makes him feel like a big boy, but I also think it makes him feel special. He has come to adore his little brother and loves to play with him. He is also very protective of him and will tell me, or anyone else, to be nice to "my brudder!" It makes me smile to see his love for Luke. Of course, that doesn't mean that he is always nice to him, but it lets me know that he does love him a lot!



Now for sweet little Luke. Well, maybe I should say active and always into trouble Luke. Wow! This kid keeps us hopping. We have learned that we can not turn our back on him for a second or there will be a mess to clean up. The other day I cleaned up candle wax that he scraped out of a jar candle. Tonight I cleaned vaseline out of his hair that he used as hair gel. Of course he did this after his bath! I'm pretty sure he means well and is not trying to wear his momma out!

Last week Luke had his first haircut. Mike did it, just like he cuts Will's and his own. I was not quiet ready for it, but Mike thought it was time. He didn't get a full cut, but enough of a trim to make him look like a big boy.



Let's see what else is Luke doing? Well, he has also become quite a dancer. He will start dancing anytime he hears music. Sometimes he just bobs his head up and down and sometimes he moves from foot to foot, but he loves it! We are starting to see his athletic ability come out. He is kicking a soccer ball, he has been doing it for a while, and is throwing with his left hand. And just the other night he actually shot a basketball into their little basketball goal in the playroom. For awhile he would walk up and drop the ball through the net, but not anymore. He takes an actual shot. Crazy! His independent nature is starting to show. He no longer needs mommy to do a lot of things. He wants to do everything by himself, so we let him, for the most part. What a big boy he thinks he is!


These two little boys are so special to us. Mike and I are truly thankful for both of them!

No comments: