Friday, June 8, 2012
Sandbox Fun
When I was little, my dad built a treehouse in our backyard for my sister and I. It had a slide, swings, a porch and a sandbox underneath. We spent a lot of time out there. And I always thought it was awesome that my dad did that for us.
Fast forward to today, my little boys also have a play set with a fort in our backyard. Their Daddy and Poppy built it for them. They love it and play on it everyday. But today it got even better. Today, their Daddy added a sandbox. Honestly, it took 45 minutes to tweak the play set and make a frame and cost $15 for the sand. But to see their faces you would have thought he gave them a shopping spree at Toys R Us!
Tonight before they went to sleep I asked Will what was his favorite part of today. Without hesitating to think, he told me "Helping Daddy build our new sandbox." I love that one day my boys will look back and remember how cool their daddy is for building this for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment