Friday, July 25, 2014

Precious Moments

Today was a normal day in our house. Nothing special, normal routine. But in the course of going about our day I noticed to pretty big things happen to Wynn and Luke.

This morning Wynn decided to stand by herself, without holding onto anything and take a few steps. This is a big deal. She is 13 months and not walking. In fact showing little interest in walking. She crawls, very well and very fast. Evidently this is good enough for her. But we have been walking with her, holding her little hands and helping her practice. This usually results in crying, but sometimes she humors us.

This afternoon I was putting on a pair of pants that have always been tight on Luke and noticed that they fit a lot better. I also noticed that Luke had slimmed down quite a bit or grown a little taller. Either way, he is growing up into a little boy and moving farther away from the chubby toddler that we have known so well.

Funny, but it wasn't until after I had seen both of these moments that my mind registered what a big deal it was, at least to me. But, its official, our babies are growing up. And these moments are so special to me. Its these moments that have me at home full time. Its these moments that make me glad, happy, blessed, excited to be home and to get to witness our little ones grow. Its these moments that I'll cherish.

No comments: