Friday, May 30, 2008

We have a name!

Mike and I have finally decided on a name for our little boy; William Michael Fessler. We will call him Will for short. We thought a lot about this name. We wanted to give our son a nice, strong name, but at the same time one that held some significance to us. William is a family name on both sides, not to mention that Williams is my maiden name. Mike had said that he wanted to use Michael for the middle name, so that our little boy could carry on his daddy's name. The deciding factor though was the meaning of both names together. One day last week, I decided to look up the names. William means "determined protector" and Michael means "who resembles God". As soon as I told Mike what I had found out, we both seemed to feel that the name was perfect.

Well, this week was busy with important things going on. Not only did we decide on the name of our son, but we also had out first baby shower. My awesome friends at school were nice enough to honor me on Tuesday with a baby shower luau. It was not your typical shower. They grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs and had it a neighborhood pool close to our school. It was so much fun , because you just got to sit and enjoy each other's company in a casual, relaxed setting. My mom came and mingled with my friends like she had known them forever. That was really cool. It has been so much fun sharing my pregnancy with her, and it meant a lot for her to come down for the shower. We had a lot of fun and left with a number of nice gifts to help get us ready for Will. It sure is a blessing to have good friends!

Mom and I at the shower
awesome Publix cake with cream cheese icing
opening gifts

1 comment:

Fibia said...

How awesome! I like the name, can't wait to hold this new baby in my arms. Wow, more friends for Yaya and more sweet kids for us to love on.
Miss you!