Thursday, January 22, 2009

Poor Baby Will!

Will is starting to become a little man. How cute is he!

Well, in the last post I talked about how well Will was doing sleeping in his crib. This week, all of that has gone out the window. Will has been a little under the weather therefore our schedule has been totally thrown off.
Early Monday morning, Will got his first noticeable fever. He has been real congested lately and hasn't been breathing really well. I told Mike that I wanted Will to sleep with us so that I could keep an eye on him. Around 2:30 am, Will got restless. I thought it was time to eat, so I rolled him toward me. That's when I noticed how warm he was. I sat up and started to unzip his pjs and felt that his little body was really hot. I got Mike up to get the thermometer. Will's temp: 103. Yikes! We tried to keep calm, we gave him some tylenol and put lukewarm rags on him to bring the fever down. After a little while it went down to 101.6 and then down to 99.6. On Monday, his fever went back up during the early evening, but then it came back down. We thought that it could be the beginnings of teething, but when I called the nurse at the Dr.'s office, she also suggested an ear infection. She told us that since his fever has been down for a couple of days there is not much that they can do and to call back if his fever goes back up. Not much help to a new mom, let me tell you.


I love this hat!

So, all of this to say, what progress we had made with sleeping last week seems to have gone. Will still sleeps ok at Aimee's (baby-sitter), of course. But at home its a different story. Last night he did not want to be put down. If I sat him in his high-chair, swing, bouncy seat, or heaven forbid, his crib, he screamed. He did fall asleep twice, once while I rocked and once I was just cuddling him and sitting in bed. But both times he was being held upright. The night before, we did get him down, but he was waking up every 10-15 minutes. Poor little guy, he doesn't feel himself. I have no clue what to do, other than to love on him, and try not to lose my patience when he fusses for three hours straight.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Will had a fever and hasn't been sleeping well. Have you tried using Mylicon? We use that sparingly with Parker and it helps ease the gas in his stomach. The Mylicon, for us, has been heaven. I don't know if Will has a lot of gas or not, but if he does, then try the Mylicon.