So...its been awhile since I've posted. I am back in the swing of things with school, so that makes me a full time teacher and a full time mommy. Needless to say, I'm a little short on time. But there are some new things going on at the Fessler house.
First, we have a new schedule. Mike is now working from home. He starts work about 12:30 and works until about 7 every evening. My friend Aimee is watching will from noon until 3:30 when I get there to pick him up. Its been a good set-up so far. He basically goes to her house to nap and eat lunch, but in the process he has made some new friends. Aimee's little girls, Abigail and Naomi adore Will, and he loves the attention they give.
Second, Will has finally started to sleep in his crib. He is not sleeping there all night yet, but we are slowly moving that way. He has been sleeping in the bed with us. Which has been great until recently. Will has been getting real restless in bed and has been keeping both Mike and I up at night. So last weekend we started laying him down in his crib. He got it, after a few tries of course. It does take a little work, making sure his pacifier is in or rubbing his back, but he eventually doses off. Three and a half hours straight is our record. Hopefully we will start going longer here soon. I miss my little cuddle bug, but I don't mind having my side of the bed back either.
Will has also started to get himself on somewhat of a routine. He is eating solids three times a day and we think that is also helping him sleep better. Every night after dinner, Will gets a bath, clean pjs, story and milk. We let him stay up with us for a little while, but by 7:45-8:00 he is showing signs that he is tired. So we put him down. He will sleep for about 30 minutes, before waking up, but once his paci is back in, he usually goes right back to sleep. Its amazing the things I can do once he goes to sleep. I can finally read again!
3 comments:
Whit,
Colt slept with us until he was 4 old, too and then we moved him to his crib. It is kind of lonely after snuggling for 4 months, but it gets easier. He sleeps great now, so Will will get the hang of it. Hope ya'll are doing well. He's a cutie.
Whit,
Glad to see things are going well. I'm so glad Will is sleeping better for you and what a big boy to move to his crib! You are right, when they go to sleep, you can get so much done! Take care.
Whit! I miss you guys, we need to get together! I am amazed at how big Will is already! Where does the time go! I hope you are well, would love to hear from you when you have a free sec! Love Dez
Post a Comment