Today was my first official mother's day. It was relaxed and low-key, perfect if you ask me. We had a family picnic at our favorite little park in Hiram.
I was thinking about my new life as a mother today. I have learned so much in the past eight months. Obviously, I have learned the basics of being a care-giver to a baby, but I have also learned a lot about myself. Here are a few of the things I have learned:
1. Baby boys will pee as soon as their diaper is off. You better be ready!
2. Babies will always seem tired, until you are ready to put them to bed. Then they are wide awake.
3. There is nothing better than the sound of your child's laugh.
4. A close second, is having your child fall asleep on your chest.
5. I can have a bad day at school, but as soon as I see Will, all of that goes away.
6. Reading grown-up books is a luxury. I am slowly but surely getting the time to have this little pleasure again.
7. A clean house is overrated. I am more concerned with spending time with Will than with housework.
8. I never knew how much I could love another person, until I had Will. Wow, he is perfect in my eyes and the love I have for him is unexplainable.
Thanks to all the mothers in my life, mom, mother-in-law, grandmother, friends, family. Thank you for the examples that you have set and the love and support you have given to this new mom! I have learned so much from you all. Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment