What a great summer! Just the other day Mike and I talked about the fact that this has been our best summer yet. We have been blessed with a lot of quality family time this summer. Most everyday we have been able to sit down to breakfast, lunch and dinner together. We take walks together and go to the pool together and play together. Nice, no-hurry, almost lazy activities. We know this is a temporary situation, especially since I go back to work in 3 weeks and Mike is only working in the evenings, but it has been amazing. I know it has been good for Will as well to see his mommy and daddy all day long.
Since I posted last, Will is cruising along the furniture in the living room. He has been doing this for a little while, but he gets better every day. He loves vanilla wafers and would eat an entire box if I let him. He even loves to share them with Gracie. He likes to take a bite and give it to Gracie for a bite. He is also starting to semi wave and say what sounds like bye-bye when someone leaves.
I am trying to switch him over to whole milk, but he hates it. Last week he started refusing formula, so I decided to try whole milk. When he tasted it for the first time he let it run out of his mouth with an awful look. He looked at me like I can't believe you gave me this stuff! I have tried it with formula, but he didn't like that either. Today he took a little out of a regular cup, but only after he thought we were taking sips out of the same cup. I'll keep trying, but I would love suggestions if anyone has one. :)
This year we hosted a cookout for the 4th. We had friends, neighbors and family over to eat and watch cheap fireworks from our backyard. While we waited for the fireworks the kids found ways to amuse themselves...
2 comments:
yeah, we're famous, and we can still be friends since there are no pics of me up here!!
Whit, you look so skinny! Glad to see you and your men enjoying summer... just a couple more weeks!
Post a Comment