Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Water Baby


Will LOVES water. We started putting him in the regular bathtub at 9 days old, and ever since he gets so excited to be close to water. He loved the ocean and he loves getting in the pool. He even loves getting a bath. Over the past few weeks I have noticed that he is starting to get excited over the sound of running water. All I have to do to get him to take a bath is to turn the water on and let it run. Wherever he is he comes crawling into the bathroom with a huge grin on his face. Anyways, I say all of this because yesterday Will found something new. The shower. I was cleaning the bathtub in the guest bathroom and ran the shower to clean out the tub. Will came crawling into the bathroom and stood up beside the bathtub. He could hear the water so he stuck his hand over the side of the tub. I positioned the shower head so that he could feel the water without it spilling onto the floor. Will stood there for honestly 20 minutes! He would stick both arms in so he could the water on his hands. He would then turn and look at me and smile. He got wet and the floor got wet, but it was worth it just to see how much fun he had!

Yesterday, Mike and I decided to put up Will's jumpy thing. He has too big for it and would fuss when we would put him in it. But he still enjoyed standing beside it playing with all of the stuff. So, Mike took off the poles and base and put them in the attic. We left the toy part on the floor so that he could still play with it. This morning, I found him crawling into the seat by himself like he wanted to sit in it. Evidently, it was ok to get into the toy on his own.

No comments: