I have not been able to find the time to update my blog. I apologize to those of you who read it and are dying to know what is going on in the Fessler house. With me being back at work, I honestly do not have time to blog, what with teaching all day, coming home to play with Will, cook dinner for Mike and Will, clean house, read to Will, bathe Will, put Will to sleep...you get the point. Once all of those things are done, I have found that I would rather use my 15 minutes before bedtime reading instead of blogging. Call me selfish.
Anyways, Will is now walking everywhere. Its crazy how it just happened over a matter of a few weeks. He rarely crawls anymore, and sometimes his walking looks more like running. You would think that this would make him sleep well, but in fact, he seems to be sleeping worse. He will only stay alseep in his crib for a few hours before he stands up and screams to the top of his lungs. We have tried to let him cry-it-out, but it doesn't seem to work for Will. He wants his mommy and daddy and the longer he cries, the stronger it gets. In fact his scream sometimes sounds like a shriek. It is really awful and there is no ignoring that scream at 2:30 in the morning. We have tried rocking him back to sleep, like we used to, but that is not 100% effective anymore. He prefers to come sleep with us, so we let him, because right now it is the only way the 3 of us get any sleep. This worries me a little, but a friend at school told me it is just a phase. That all 3 of her kids went through times of wanting to sleep in her bed and they always grew out of it. I can only hope. Its not fun waking up at 6 every morning after waking up at least once with a screaming baby. Mike and I are exhausted! Will this ever end?!
1 comment:
I hope you all get some rest soon. I have heard that when they go through new developmental phases...like walking...that it changes their sleep pattern. We are a ways away from even thinking about good sleep at the moment with our little Maryn. I guess she is only 2 weeks, so it is normal that we are up all night, but it is so hard to adjust back to not sleeping :)
Post a Comment