At River Church, one of our goals is to live life in community as a family of Christ-followers. This means that we meet in small groups during the week in addition to Sunday to share our daily struggles, as well as our joys and triumphs, and grow in our walk with God. We cry with each other, share meals together and help out with childcare. We serve each other by helping one another move into new houses, clean old houses, go to birthday parties and baby showers. We believe it is supposed to go beyond "doing life together". It is more about truly loving each other and making sure that others needs are met because you love them.
I say all of this, because in more ways than one I've felt this community from the River Church women over the past couple of days. I have been so loved on through showers that I am totally overwhelmed. From diapers and wipes to giftcards to my favorite desserts, these women have truly blessed me and I'm so honored to call them my girlfriends as well as sisters in Christ. I thank the Lord for bringing them into my life. Thank you girls, you all know who you are, for loving me. You can't imagine how much this means to me. I'm excited to be a part of this journey with you!
1 comment:
I love you guys too! I'm so glad we're able to do life together. You and your family are such a blessing. I can't wait to meet Luke!
Post a Comment