Saturday, March 26, 2011

They remember everything!


A few weeks ago I posted about how amazing 2 1/2 year olds can be. Its so true. Seriously, Will amazes us everyday with the things he does and tells us. One thing that we have found to be quite remarkable is Will's ability to remember everything we say around him, even if it isn't directed towards him! Here are a examples of his great memory!

He is at the age where he picks up on words and phrases that we say and loves to repeat them. "Oh shoot", "crap" and "dang it" are his favorites to say. Of course we tell him not to say them, but he still uses them and uses them correctly! They don't sound bad when we say them, but it isn't as cute coming from my 2 year olds mouth!

The other day the boys and I had gone to the store and I told Will that I would buy him some ice cream and he could share it with his daddy. But, it was going to be a surprise for daddy after dinner. This was about 10 am, by the time Mike walked in the door at 5pm, Will ran to meet him and proceeded to tell him all about the ice cream we had bought. That showed me I better be careful about what I buy in front of Will or he will tell on me!

Last weekend we went to Mimi and Poppy's house for our nephew Caleb's 2nd birthday party. I told Will that we would be going to Caleb's party and that was all he talked about for the week leading up. Everyday he would ask if it was time to go to Caleb's party. Now that we are back, he is asking about his cousin Tate's 1st birthday, which is in a few weeks. For the past few days he has told me everything he plans to do when we go to Marmie and Poppy's house.

But, the sweetest thing is Will and his bible. He carries it around constantly and is always "reading" it or asking you to read it to him. He even likes to tell us that we need to get ours out and read it while he reads his! When you ask him who is reading about he tells you Jesus. Oh it melts our heart to hear him say this!
He is not as fond of praying out loud, but he loves for us to pray and usually won't go to bed unless both of us have prayed with him. We pray before eating and Will knows to be quiet and to say amen at the end. Well the other night, I prayed for dinner and when I finished he got real upset. I asked him what was wrong and he said he wanted to say "Dear Jesus", that means to pray. So I said ok and helped him thank Jesus for our food and every family member we could think of. I was just about to say Amen, when Will decided to thank God for the Backyardigans. We then had to thank him for Diego and the Fresh Beat Band too. That was a sweet moment I hope I never forget!

Some other fun things I hope I remember:
*He loves to laugh!
*He loves to read and to go to the library.
*Everyday he asks me "Mommy, wanna play cars"
*He constantly wants to be outside.
*He loves to start a sentence by saying "I just wanna ..."
*He still loves to cuddle and even will ask me to lay down in his bed with him.
*He loves to say "I wub you mommy/daddy/Gukie!"
*He loves to do things himself.
*He loves to help me, especially when I cook.
*He hates to have his picture taken, just like his daddy, so it is hard to get him with a good smile.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

So cute Whit! Those are precious moments, aren't they? Love his Nantucket shirt - Parker has the exact same one. Hope you guys are doing well. :)