Monday, March 26, 2012

Flat Stanley visits Charleston

At the Battery in front of Charleston Harbor

For the past few weeks Flat Stanley has come to visit us from Paulding County, GA. Mimi's 2nd grade class has been reading the book and we were given the honor of showing him around Charleston. We had big plans to take him to all sorts of cool places, but I kept forgetting him!

A couple of Fridays ago the boys and I, plus Stanley, hopped in the car and headed downtown. I was determined to show Stanley a good time and all that Charleston has to offer. In a little under 4 hours we went to the Battery, East Bay Playgound for a picnic, Waterfront Park and the Pineapple Fountain and the Market. We took pictures every where we went. We even picked out a postcard for him to take home with him so he could tell Mimi's class about his adventures with us. I sure hope he had fun. Let me show you what we did...

At the Battery


At Waterfront Park in front of the Pineapple Fountain
Waterfront Park
At the Market with a sweet grass basket

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love that Flat Stanley is still making the rounds. I took him to Williamsburg once for a class in Cookeville. I can't believe how big the boys are getting. See you next Sunday!