Its Sunday afternoon and the house is quiet. Will is having a goodbye play date with a friend from church, Luke is with Mike doing some daddy son quality time and Wynn is here with me, napping. Its funny how the stillness of everything gives you time to just think and reflect on things.
So, what's on my mind? What do I, Whitney, have to say?
Well, first I am humbled. Today marked the 4th year anniversary of River Church. This church has been our life for the past 4 years. We have given so much of our heart and soul, time and effort to this church. And now its time to go. Its gonna be hard. We were blessed with having members of our community group share with our church body about us during the service today. I was blown away and humbled by what these sweet people said about us. When someone says that they look up to you or you have inspired them, its a little weird. I mean we are just living our life, I didn't realize people were watching and watching as closely as they were. I'm honored and I'll say it again, humbled.
Second, I'm scared and excited all in one, but more excited. I'm scared of the unknown, even though it excites me at the same time(honestly who isn't?). This time next week, we will be in Chattanooga. We will be watching the Super Bowl at my parents' house. My boys will be preparing to start a new preschool and we will be preparing to start a new life. Where we will go to church, where will we live, who will become our close friends that we will do life with?
Third, I'm overwhelmed. I am looking around the house and see lots of stuff. Mostly, it just needs to be picked up and put in a proper spot or box. But, it needs to be done so quickly. We pack the truck on Thursday night. Thats 4 days away. Mike has an interview on Tuesday in Gainesville, GA and we have several goodbye playdates with friends. OMG!!! We can get this all done right????
Ok, well, that's me. My ramblings. My brain poured out. I hope in a year I will look back on this post and smile. Remembering exactly how I felt at this moment and amazed at how God has moved on our behalf as we step out in faith to follow him again.
No comments:
Post a Comment