Tuesday, June 24, 2008

30 weeks

Wow! We have 10 weeks left! It doesn't seem as though much has happened in the past week, but some excitement happened today. Mike and I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I am measuring perfectly and Will's heartbeat sounds great, but I lost weight instead of gaining over the past 3 weeks. It was only 1 pound, but still the doctor asked about it. He didn't seem overly concerned, but did want to make sure that I was eating like I was supposed to. It seems that since I have been out of school, I have not eaten as many snacks as I did while I was working. But I am eating three meals a day. Now that I am home, I am not very active and I am not as hungry. Then there is the whole exhaustion level. I don't know where that came from. Honestly, most days I don't feel tired, but I sleep until 9:30 just about every morning and can still take a few naps during the day. Gracie, our chihuahua, is enjoying my sleeping patterns because it gives her someone to snuggle with all day long!

In other news, our crib and dresser are in! Yeah! Now we can actually start to work on the nursery. My mom has gotten us the bedding and is planning on making curtains. She also bought us a matching rug. We are thinking about using the pattern in the rug and painting that on the wall. A friend of my mom's is also going to paint a picture of Gracie in coordinating colors to hang in the room. We don't want to have a theme, but would like to accessorize with puppy dogs. I think it should turn out cute.


Will's bedding

My new pre-mommy reading:

This is the 2nd time I have started this book. I am more into it now though. I have seen the movie and loved it, but now that I watch HGTV all the time I understand some of the real estate and home renovation terms. They also talk about cooking a lot and it tends to make me want to cook!


I am reading this book for a Bible study that I am in this summer.

1 comment:

Fibia said...

I loved seeing you on Wednesday. We need to hang out some before then "man" comes into our world. I wanted to see if I could borrow some books from you.
Love you, take care!