Thursday, July 3, 2008

A visit from Gran

My grandmother and my great-aunt Pete came to visit yesterday. They were going to see my mom, and decided to spend the night with me to break up the trip. We had a great visit. I haven't seen my grandmother since New Year's Day. She informed me that this was the longest amount of time that the two of us have gone without seeing each other in my lifetime. My Gran, as we call her, lives in Panama City, FL. Since I was born, my parents have driven down to visit her at least 3 times a year. After I was done playing ball in college, I took it upon myself to start driving to visit my grandparents every Spring Break. This year was the first time that I was unable to go. Mike, my Gran and I all decided that it was best for me not to drive the 5 and 1/2 hours by myself being pregnant. So needless to say it was very good to get to hug my gran and talk to her in person instead of over the phone. I just hate that she didn't get to stay longer. She is such an awesome person with an incredible servant's heart. She has an amazing testimony and I don't know a single person who has ever met her that didn't fall in love with her instantly. She is always laughing and makes chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth. Mike has grown to love her just as much as I do, he even calls her Gran, and we were so glad to be able to just sit and talk with her and Aunt Pete for the evening. We love you Gran!

July 4th is tomorrow. Where has the summer gone? I have to go back to school in 4 weeks. I don't how I'll be able to find the energy to get out of bed and get dressed. This summer I have truly enjoyed lounging on the couch and resting. I'm still feeling really good, but I have started to experience a few occasional back aches. Some days my stomach feels really heavy and it just feels good to lay with a pillow propped under it.

There's not much to do when laying on the couch, so I watch a lot of TV. My favorite channels are HGTV, Food network and TLC. I have really gotten into a show called Jon and Kate plus 8 on TLC. It is about a couple who had infertility problems early in their marriage. They got help and had a set of twin girls. They wanted to try again for 1 more and wound up with sextuplets. They have a total of 8 kids. Can you imagine? Mike even watches the show with me sometimes. It's hilarious. If you have never seen it, tune in M-F from 11-12. I think the new episodes air Monday night at 9.

No comments: