Last week Will got tired of rolling around to get places, so he decided to start crawling. It started last Tuesday, he actually did a form of the Worm-the 80's break dance move. I was vacuuming downstairs and Will was watching intently as I moved the vacuum all over the living room. When I was finished, Will was on one side of the room and I was on the other. As I started to wrap the cord to put the vacuum up, I looked up and Will was moving towards me and the vacuum. I called for Mike to come see and we just sat and cheered for Will. He seemed very pleased with him self-he now loves to be clapped for! As the week went on, he got more brave and bold and even began to crawl up on his knees. He didn't go to far before he would flop and his belly and "worm", but its a start. As if this wasn't enough, he now is trying to stand on his own by pulling up on something-he saw his cousin Jake do that this weekend. For now though, we will try and master crawling, a good 8 month milestone. We are so proud of him, but this has brought on a phase that we might not have been quite ready for. Gone are the days where we can sit Will down to play in one spot. We now are running after him to keep him out of or away from something!
Monday, April 27, 2009
We're Crawling!
Last week Will got tired of rolling around to get places, so he decided to start crawling. It started last Tuesday, he actually did a form of the Worm-the 80's break dance move. I was vacuuming downstairs and Will was watching intently as I moved the vacuum all over the living room. When I was finished, Will was on one side of the room and I was on the other. As I started to wrap the cord to put the vacuum up, I looked up and Will was moving towards me and the vacuum. I called for Mike to come see and we just sat and cheered for Will. He seemed very pleased with him self-he now loves to be clapped for! As the week went on, he got more brave and bold and even began to crawl up on his knees. He didn't go to far before he would flop and his belly and "worm", but its a start. As if this wasn't enough, he now is trying to stand on his own by pulling up on something-he saw his cousin Jake do that this weekend. For now though, we will try and master crawling, a good 8 month milestone. We are so proud of him, but this has brought on a phase that we might not have been quite ready for. Gone are the days where we can sit Will down to play in one spot. We now are running after him to keep him out of or away from something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whit,
I'm glad to see your house looks like mine! Like a tornado went through it. Don't worry, it doesn't get any better, just bigger messes in quicker time. Have fun!! It's about to get exciting!!!!
Post a Comment