Friday, May 13, 2011

Memory-Keeper


I am really trying to be a good memory-keeper for both of my boys. I want them both to have albums and albums of baby pictures. I want them to know exactly when they hit major milestones in their lives. Instead of doing a baby-book I chose to do a blog and a First Year Calendar. But, they also each have a bag that keeps all of their important stuff, like cards and doctor's office papers.



Last night it dawned on me that Luke's calendar needed to be updated. I had not written anything in it since he was 3 months old. I sat and tried to think about when he started doing things, like crawling and standing, and honestly I couldn't remember. So I read my blog, since I did a decent job at keeping it updated. Just looking at those pictures and reading each post made me a little emotional. My baby is already 9 months old! Wasn't he just born yesterday? My big boy is 2 and 1/2. It is mind-blowing how fast they grow. I am so thankful that I have recorded these memories and hope that one day the boys will be as well.

No comments: