Thursday, July 18, 2013

Luke is turning 3!


Next Tuesday, our little Lukie will turn 3. I have no idea where these three years have gone, but, I do know that our lives have been much more joyful and even fun because of Luke!

Let me give you an update on this cutie pie!

Luke is an active little boy. When I say active, I mean like really active. He is our kid that we can not take our eyes off of. If you don't see Luke and you don't hear him, you better expect trouble. Trouble usually means a huge mess! He is the child that tests my patience through the things that he does, whereas his brother tests my patience by what he says. Sometimes the biggest mess he makes is himself. I have never seen a kid who can gets so dirty! I keep Shout at all times in my laundry room!

At 3 Luke is riding a big boy bike by himself. He loves to play soccer, baseball, golf, football, but his favorite is basketball. He is very athletic and he will be good at whatever he decides to play. He loves to wrestle with his brother, which drives me crazy, but evidently is a "boy" thing to do. Reading, playing trains and cars, legos, swimming and playing make up games with his brother are his favorite things to do right now.
I love my Lukie!


To be an active kid, Luke is also a sensitive and snuggly kid. He still takes a nap everyday and when he wakes up, he wants me to cuddle with him. (I love this!:)) He is going through an "attached to mommy" phase right now. If I walk upstairs and leave him downstairs he will run after me crying. If I look at him wrong or even speak to him firmly he breaks down and cries. He is just like me in that he gets his feelings hurt easily!

Luke loves to help! He likes to help with Wynn and to help me cook. Just today we made cookies and Luke was my little sous chef. Cooking with Luke might not look pretty, I think we had flour and oatmeal everywhere, but it usually tastes pretty good and ends up being a lot of fun!


He loves his sister so much!


In the fall, this little one will start school. He has been looking forward to this since February. He began telling us one day that he would go to school next year. He never let up, so we are going to let him go. It will be interesting to see him in a classroom setting, but I know he will do great and it will be good for him.

Oh, this sweet boy, how I love him! I am so thankful for this sweet, cuddly, messy, active little boy!
Happy birthday Lukie!







No comments: