Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Will Update

Will on his last day of school. It was water day so he got to wear his bathing suit!



I was looking through pictures the other day and found some from Will's last week of school.  Its still hard to believe that he is done with 4 year old pre-k! He had such a great year and it was so good for him to be introduced to such an awesome school setting. In fact, we loved his school so much that he is going back for their 5 year old pre-k this year. (His birthday is just days before the cut-off date here in South Carolina and we have decided to hold him back and let him start kindergarten when he turns 6.)

Will did a lot of growing up this year. He started school and became a big brother again. That's a lot of change for a 4 year old to go through! The biggest thing I noticed was his level of independence. Will has always been a kid who wanted me to be around. I have always been his play-mate. He still likes me to play cars and legos with him, but this year I noticed him wanting time by himself. He now enjoys having "quiet time" playing on the computer while Luke naps. He also likes to go into the backyard and play by himself from time to time. 

He also started dressing himself and picking out his own clothes each day. This was a big deal to me, because I want him to look cute each day, but I have had to relent and get over the fact that he doesn't mind wearing striped shirts with plaid shorts! You pick your battles right!!

This year Will made lots of friends. Most of them were friends whose moms I was not already friends with. Friends from school, soccer and church have made us busy when it comes to birthday parties, but I love that Will is social and willing to get out and make friends!

Will and Mrs. Leslie(his teacher) on the last day of school.

Will is into superheroes and pirates. He loves to play cars and one of his favorite toys, right now, is a small fighter jet. He still likes to read books with me, Fox in Socks and Skippyjon Jones are 2 favorites, but he would prefer the computer. He and I are talking about rhyming words and everyday we are coming up with silly words that sound alike. He is getting ready to read and our goal is to at least know our sight words before kindergarten.

Our big boy loves to ride his bike. He loves to paint. He loves to swim and is getting close to doing it with out his swim jacket. He loves to sing and dance and he loves to laugh. He loves to play and fight with his brother and he loves to hug, kiss and hold his sister. He is at the age where he has developed an attitude, but we are working on that.:) He and I butt heads a lot, but I love him and would not trade him for the world! He is my shopping buddy and the one I trust to tell me whether the outfit I wearing looks good. He is my constant encourager and can make me feel so good about myself! 

So thankful for this little boy!!!

Performing at his end of the year program.






1 comment:

Carrie said...

So, it kills me to see all my little ones getting so big! Will is always going to have a special place in my heart because he has the sweetest spirit of someone I know is 100% boy. What gorgeous young men you are raising.