Friday, August 29, 2008

Adventures in Parenthood

Our first few days home with Will have been going well. We have certainly had our challenges, but we have also enjoyed the pleasure and blessing of having our little boy at home. I am doing my best to take it easy, but it is hard especially when I think that I am ok. My body, though, quickly let's me know that I have a lot of healing still to do. Mike is home with me and is doing a lot for me which is a big help. Its been amazing how much our attitudes towards everyday life has changed. All of a sudden tv, reading books and cleaning the house are not important, we simply want to sit and watch Will and see what he will do next.

We are still working on a lack of sleep. I don't think either us have slept since Saturday night and not just because Will came Sunday morning. For those of you who don't know, Mike and I both had a stomach virus the night/morning that Will was born. Luckily the epidural took away all of the sickness pain, as well as birth pains, so that I could concentrate on having Will. Mike was not so lucky. He had to endure the virus throughout my entire labor. He was awesome though and never left my side, even though I know he felt horrible. It was not the ideal way to have a child, but at least now we have a fun story to tell and retell. I'm sure Will will tire of us telling it one day. :)

So far this week, we have gone to the doctor, all is well, and gone for a short walk around the neighborhood. We have also learned that baby boys can and will pee at anytime and that we better be ready. Mike has nearly been peed on twice today and I almost got it yesterday. Good thing that we have plenty of clothes for Will, because we have changed his outfits at least 5 times a day!
Tummy Time!!
Already Sucking His Thumb

2 comments:

Everything Homemade said...

oh i love him sucking his thumb...naomi did the same thing and it was adorable. although she still has the binky and hasnt taken to the thumb full time, i hear that this is a blessing as a thumb habit is hard to break, but soooo cute when they do it. glad you guys are doing well, the sleep thing you either get used to it or get more. but either way it is a precious time.

Brandy said...

Will is adorable! I am so happy for you both. Thanks for having some pictures on your blog. I really enjoy seeing them and reading about your adventures!