We went to the doctor today for our 38 week check-up. I am still at 4 cm, but I was told that I am 80% effaced. The midwife was pleased with the progress and even decided to "help" us out a little by stripping my membranes. I have to say I was scared of this because I have been told that it hurts, but I never even felt it. We'll see if it works. My friend Lori has had it done with all three of her kids and has gone into labor within the next day. My cousin Holly had it done, but for her it didn't work immediately.
I did not go to work today, my appointment was during the school day so I had already taken half a day off. When I came home yesterday, I noticed that I didn't feel great and that I was very crampy. I decided to call my assistant principal and go ahead and take off the whole day so that I could sleep in and rest. Good thing! I did not sleep at all last night because of the cramps. In fact I woke up at 5:30 AM with Mike and his alarm. I was so awake that I loaded the dishwasher and straightened the living room. I did fall asleep shortly after that, though, and slept well until about 9:30. It was wonderful! Who knows how many more days I'll have to sleep in!
Tonight, Mike and I enjoyed a double date with our friends Jay and Aimee. It was spur of the moment, but we went out to eat and then played Monopoly while eating chocolate cake. It was good just to fellowship, eat, laugh and talk. We had a really good time and honestly I think Mike and needed that to take our mind off of things. Thanks for the phone call Aim!
4 comments:
I am glad you have some rest, although I missed seeing you. Everyone came over to see if you had Will and I told them that you just take the day off. Enjoy your weekend and please let me know when Will get here because I want to see him at the hospital.
Mrs. Alexandre
Congratulations you guys! I just heard from Aimee this morning Will is here!! I cannot wait to see pictures of him. We're so excited for you. Aubin
Congratulationsssssss!
Welcome to the world of mother and parent hood. I am sure you guys will be two terrific parents and I can't wait to see him.
Congratulations again,
Mrs. Alexandre
I see from you Blog "contrats" are in order Whitney & Mike. WELCOME WILL! We have all waited just to meet you.
Post a Comment